What is Aluminum Bending Machine
Are you looking for an alternative to traditional aluminum bending dies? Aluminum bending machines are the way to go! These state-of-the-art machines utilize an intelligent CNC system to accurately and quickly bend a variety of aluminum materials.
Aluminum bending machines rapidly replace traditional aluminum bending equipment due to their fast, accurate bending and low processing costs.
In addition, the special mechanical structure of the bending machine's bending process prevents the punch from scratching the aluminum plate.
The precise angles of the bends and the wide range of types to choose from save you time and money by eliminating the need for additional handling.
The investment cost of the bending machine is also low, so if you are looking for high precision and fast bending, it is time to switch to an aluminum bending machine.
What is an aluminum bending machine
An aluminum bending machine bends aluminum sheets into a desired shape. It can bend aluminum sheets by applying pressure and using a bending die to create aluminum parts in various shapes and angles. These machines are commonly used to manufacture various aluminum products such as window and door frames, automotive parts, electronic equipment housings, etc.
The bending machine is a modern alternative to the traditional bending mold, with high precision, fast bending speed, unlimited bending angle, automatic bending, and low processing cost.
In addition, metal bending machines are constantly improving and replacing traditional bending molds.
The CNC programming allows for any angle to be processed, whether a right angle or a rounded arc.
Machining is done in a way that does not damage the material's surface and saves time.
Working principle of aluminum bend machine
The aluminum bending machine applies force to bend the aluminum sheet into the desired shape. Generally speaking, an aluminum bending machine consists of the following main parts:
- Bending Die: Used to determine the bending angle and shape of the aluminum plate.
- Upper and lower dies: used to maintain the position and shape of the aluminum plate during bending.
- Hydraulic system: Used to apply pressure and control the force during bending.
- Control system: to control the operation of the machine and monitor the bending process.
Specifically, the workflow of the aluminum bending machine is as follows:
Place the aluminum plate between the upper and lower dies.
Select the appropriate bending mold according to the required bending angle and shape.
Start the hydraulic system and apply enough pressure to bend the aluminum plate to the desired angle and shape.
Stop the hydraulic system and remove the bent aluminum plate.
In this way, the aluminum bending machine can quickly and accurately bend the aluminum plate into the desired shape to meet various manufacturing needs.
Aluminum bend machine structure
The structure of an aluminum bend machine usually consists of the following parts:
- Body: It is the main body of the aluminum bending machine, usually welded from a steel plate with sufficient strength and stability. This is the most critical part of the aluminum bending process, including the bed, frame, etc.
- Hydraulic system: used to apply pressure and control the force during bending. It usually includes a hydraulic tank, pump, hydraulic pipeline, solenoid valve, and other components.
- Control system: used to control the operation of the machine and monitor the bending process. It usually includes control panels, electrical components, sensors, etc.
- Upper and lower dies: maintain the position and shape of the aluminum plate in bending, usually made of steel plate with sufficient hardness and wear resistance.
- Bending Die: Used to determine the bending angle and shape of the aluminum plate. Usually made of steel plates, you can replace the molds with different shapes.
- Supporting device: Used to support and fix the aluminum plate to ensure its stability and accuracy during bending.
These components together constitute the structure of the aluminum bending machine. Different models and brands of aluminum bending machines may be slightly different in the details but generally based on the design and manufacture of these components.
Aluminum bend machine receipt and commissioning
Installation and commissioning of the bending machine is essential for every buyer, so please read the details carefully before operation.
The delivery package of an industrial bending machine is huge, and the outer package has a very thick protective shell. When removing the casing, do not use very sharp objects to remove the parcel so as not to scratch the surface of the equipment and damage the electrical devices.
Generally, the manufacturer has already assembled the machine, so when you receive the shipment, check that the package is not broken and that the machine is complete.
Read the instruction manual carefully, then follow the operating instructions to commission the machine.
What affects the quality of bending
Aluminum bending quality is affected by the following factors:
- Bending angle: the bending angle is an important factor in determining the quality of aluminum plate bending. Too small or too large a bending angle and radius will lead to aluminum plate deformation, cracks, and other problems.
- Type of aluminum: aluminum is divided into pure aluminum and aluminum alloy, and the hardness of aluminum alloy is affected by the addition of different materials. Too hard or thick materials require more force to be applied to complete the bend.
- The quality and precision of the bending die: the quality and accuracy of the bending die greatly impact the quality of aluminum plate bending. The die's poor quality and low precision will easily lead to deformation, scratches, and other problems in the aluminum plate.
- Machine stability and precision: this is also an important factor affecting the quality of aluminum plate bending. Poor machine stability and low precision will lead to deviations in the bending process of aluminum plates, affecting the bending quality.
In summary, the quality of aluminum plate bending is affected by a variety of factors, which need to be considered in the actual operation of these factors to ensure that the bending quality meets the requirements.
How to bend aluminum without destroying it?
- Soften or anneal: Heat helps to anneal the material, making it softer and easier to bend. It also helps control the cracks you experience.
- Choosing the right aluminum: Different types of aluminum have different hardnesses and toughnesses, and choosing the right one ensures that the bending process won't destroy it. Generally, softer aluminum is easier to bend without damaging it.
- Choosing the right bending tool: the right bending tool can reduce the damage to the aluminum, such as a metal bending machine. In general, using a bending tool with a radius similar to the thickness of the aluminum can reduce the stress concentration on the aluminum.
- Bending force: If you choose the traditional bending method, you need to apply force gradually during the bending process. And control the bending angle and strength to avoid sudden and excessive force that may cause aluminum to break.
- Adopting appropriate bending methods: There are a variety of bending methods to choose from, such as V-bend, U-bend, folding, and so on. Choosing the appropriate bending method can reduce the damage to the aluminum.
- Keep tools and materials clean: in the bending process, the aluminum and the tool's surface needs to be kept clean to avoid dirt and impurities on aluminum damage.
What grades of aluminum cannot be bent?
Generally, all grades of aluminum can be bent. However, different grades of aluminum have different hardnesses and toughnesses, so different measures need to be taken to avoid damaging the aluminum during the bending process.
Ideally, part designers should know that 3003 and 5052 will bend more easily for aluminum grades and 6061 will not.
Some high-strength aluminum alloys (e.g., 7xxx series) are more difficult to bend and require appropriate bending tools and methods and control of the bending angle and strength. Some soft aluminum alloys (such as the 1xxx series) are easier to bend.
Therefore, when bending aluminum plates, you need to select the appropriate aluminum and tools according to the specific grades and requirements. And master the correct operating techniques to ensure the bending quality meets the requirements.
The structure of the aluminum bending machine, how to use it, precautions, and other aspects are included in this article.
When using an aluminum bending machine, you need to pay attention to safety issues and choose the right aluminum and tools. And master the correct operation skills to ensure that the bending quality meets the requirements. In addition, regular maintenance to maintain the stability and precision of the machine is also an important measure to ensure the quality of aluminum plate bending.